Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account is hacked

Account is hacked

Hello!

My Spotify account seems to be hacked. It keeps playing random songs and making new playlists. On Spotify connect it shows me, that it is controlled from a web browser (chrome) or other devices. I am using it on my MacBook Pro (late 2013) and my iPhone. My account is a premium family account linked to my facebook account. I changed my facebook password multiple times and even activated 2-factor authentication and forced logouts before and after on Spotify as well as Facebook. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you for your help

6 Replies

Hi there @ja_ob, very sorry to hear that! Follow these steps:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

I also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 

I tried everything you mentioned multiple times. Changed all the passwords and signed out everywhere on Spotify and Facebook as you mentioned. But it did not change anything. 

I see, are you sure one of your family members isn't accidentally using your Spotify account? You mentioned your subscription is Spotify Family. 

Yes, I am sure, and it also seems it is controlled by a bot. As it changes music very fast when I try to change it.

In this case, I think you should contact Spotify Customer Support here

Let me know how things go, if you need any further help, I'm always here 🙂
Hope this helps!

It turns out I just can't read properly. I was not aware of the fact that I have a separate Spotify password and only kept changing my facebook password. After realising and replacing it, the problem stopped immediately. Thank you for your help! 

Suggested posts