Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account issue

Account issue

So I've been paying for the family pack for almost a year. I recently gotten a new card from my bank. So I was on Spotify it popped up saying "payment update needed" so I went I paid but they charged me for a regular account not what I originally had. So I go on Spotify to my account and it's telling me I'm no a premium member so I go back to Spotify log out and log back in but my old account keeps popping up. My PS4 had my profile with the same username I've been using for a year on the family account. But when I log into it on my phone it's giving me my old account that's not premium. So basically now I've paid 10 bucks for my Spotify but now it's not giving me my right account and I don't know what to do at this point. I paid even tho it was the wrong plan but now I can't even get back into the account I paid for. NEED HELP ASAP!

1 Reply

Hey there @Superman111e

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

When trying to update your payment details for Spotify we suggest you do it in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts.

This way you should be able to log in back to the correct account you've paid for. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts