Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account issues: Going from Premium -> No account with my email -> Account but not Premium

Solved!

Account issues: Going from Premium -> No account with my email -> Account but not Premium

Device:

iPhone 8

App version: 8.4.62

Operating System:

On June 17, 2018, I took advantage of a Spotify offer with 3 months of premium for 0.99 EUR. (I have the Order ID if needed).

Everything was good, I used the app on my iPhone and on my MacBook Air. Made playlists, favourited artists, used offline mode on the phone etc. I was very happy with the experience.

Fast forward to 31/7 where I have been travelling, so I used the offline mode on my phone, when I went online again, I had to log in, but I couldn't log in, so I thought I had just forgotten my password. When I tried to login on the Desktop app, I didn't get an error, but the window was just black, no content. I went to the Spotify website to try and reset my password, because I thought that was my issue, but I was told that there isn't an account connected with my email (but I got the receipt for my purchase on this email). I thought maybe I had used Facebook to sign up, but had forgotten, so I tried to log in with Facebook, but that didn't work either.

I was a bit lost, so since my email wasn't used, I tried to sign up with it again, and it could with no issues. So now to my current issues (sorry for the long text), when I log in on my Desktop app, I am no longer a Premium user, but all my saved songs, artists etc. are there, so somehow somewhere my account has been saved, and/or deleted or something? When I log in on my phone (same credentials), I am not Premium there either, but none of my saved songs etc. are there. 

I am really confused now. Have anyone else experienced something like this? What have I done wrong? Somehow I can have my subscription restored and synchronized across my devices again?

Not sure if it makes sense to attache any screenshots, but if I can assist with something, please let me know.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright!

We're glad we could point you in the right direction. The right team will get back to you and help you recover your Spotify account as soon as possible.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Don't worry, we'll help you find your Premium account. It might be possible that you're logging into a different account that's Free. Can you make sure to follow all the steps provided in this guide?

Let us know if it helps. 

Hi @JuanSebastian

Thank you for trying to help me with this!

The problem isn't as such, that I can't log in, or don't know my username, but when I log in on the desktop app, it is no longer a premium account, and it can't be a different account, because all the songs I have added after I signed up with Premium are there. It's basically the same account, just no longer Premium. That is my main issue.

Also, when I log into the app on my Phone, it is just as if I created a new account, no songs or anything, and not Premium, which is also quite confusing. I use the same credentials as for the Desktop app. I have also tried logging in with username and with email, it gives me the same result.

Kind regards.

@JuanSebastian

Any news on restoring my Premium account?

Now when I log in through the Desktop app, all my music is gone, this is getting really annoying.

I have the order ID for my Premium subscription, if that helps you in any way?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Hey @user-removed.

Sorry for the delay!

Sounds like someone could've had access to your Spotify account. Other than the 3-month promotion confirmation email, have you received any other suspicious emails from Spotify, like your email address was updated?

If that's the case, I suggest checking out this support page for what to do next. You'll find the steps to take to contact the right team and get your Premium account back.

Keep us posted.

Hi @Alfredo

I never noticed, but I searched and found an email yes!

I have followed your instructions, thanks!

Kind regards,

Tobias.

Marked as solution

Alright!

We're glad we could point you in the right direction. The right team will get back to you and help you recover your Spotify account as soon as possible.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to open a new thread.

All the best.

Suggested posts