Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account issues

Account issues

My account appeared to be hacked. At the time I had many playlist, and premium. I went to the Spotify website to fix this issue. I followed the steps and I reset my password and logged out everywhere. I also changed my email since the one associated with the account was no longer mine. And everything seemed to be fine until an hour later my Spotify just kind of reset itself and everything was gone. I have not since then been able to fix the issue and I have taken all the other steps suggested to me. And yes it is the same account I already checked. How can I get my stuff back?

USA

Device

(iPhone XR)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi Neva,

Sorry to hear that your account appears to be compromised. A Spotify help expert is obviously your best bet, but I would suggest the following if you haven’t already done so:

- Delete and redownload the Spotify app on both mobile and desktop

- Power cycle your computer and mobile (turn them off, wait 30 seconds, then turn them back on) 

- try logging in with your old password as well as the new one you’ve reset (in case the reset didn’t go through successfully). Once you’ve done this, you can try the same with your old and new email account

- Check that you still have access to your email. If you don’t, try resetting that password to see if Spotify help has sent you anything. 
- if all else fails, you could re create a new account, and search up the user name of your existing account. The playlists that were “public” can be viewed, and you can manually create the same playlists on your new profile. Ensure that your card is still not being charged for both accounts. 

Please let me know if any of the above works!

Michael

Suggested posts