Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account locked out

Account locked out

So accidentally I logged out of Spotify on my phone. I have had the premium service for about 3 months now. The email address that I used to register has since been cancelled due to massive spam and letters from Africa asking for free money. I never changed my email on my account. Never saw a need to change it until today. 

I contact support and they said they can reset my password and only send it to my original email address (even after I explained that email account is no longer active). I don't know what to do. I am willing to verify my credit card, my account info, my song list, anything, I just don't want to lose my account.

So I am stuck and open to suggestions. If someone could message me it would be most appreciative

-Sean

5 Replies

The support team should be able to reset your password to another email address after verifying a few private details like you mentioned. 

Can you reply directly to the last email you have from support saying you can no longer access that account and then should be able to help you further.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There is one snag. I cant remember how to spell my username(it was either nosleep_1546 or no_sleep1546). It either had a dash or an underscore and all Spotify support is telling me that they cant find any user by that name.

I have discovered I have 2 accounts - a facebook account which had the free version, and I created a premium account directly with spotify. Unless I can gain access to premium account, I lose my playlists, and I will keep getting charged. 

I dont know what to do. 

They should be able to track down your account without the username using some billing information normally. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a similar problem. My account name was made using my office email but I no longer work there and only realized that now when i tried to reset my password because i forgot it. I was wondering why i wasn't getting an email so I checked my account and realized it was the wrong email. How can I change the email account to my personal one (taking into account that i forgot my password?) I can answer any personal information you need to authenticate my ownership. I sent a form and got a reply saying they would contact my office email, which I can't access so I don't know what to do. I can't live without my playlists and all the time and effort I put into making them. And I've been using premium as well that gets charged to my phone bill so that alone is proof that the account is mine. They can call the number.

but who do I contact? I have been trying to find an email, because they obviously don't have a phone number...

Suggested posts