Free

Country

South Africa 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to change my country settings, South africa doesn't show up in the drop bar that allows you to choose your country.. am unable to access my music on Spotify because it says that I'm "abroad". 

7 Replies

Hello @Alexandra1803!

Can you let me know if you're using a VPN? This could be interfering with things. Also note your country settings should match the country you're currently in.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No I'm not using a VPN. The country I am in is South Africa so when I try to change my country settings, (it says my country is Australia) South Africa doesn't show up for me to click on it to change my settings, even though I'm in South Africa. 

Hello there!

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey there!

I am also from South Africa and have been having the same problem for weeks. finally found a solution a few minutes ago.

Go to the home page on the main website. Scroll to the bottom and at the bottom right there should be a country (the one you were previously in). Click on it and change it to South Africa, THEN go into your profile settings and the drop down menu will have SA available. Change it and you should be able to log into all the apps.

Hope this helps!

You are a legend! Thanks so much! 

Awe Bru happy i could help 😄

(spotify staff people could you maybe add this to your list of fixes? Ive had this problem for a month)

Hey @bentenjamin!

Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll take it into account for my next reply 🙂 Make sure to let me know if you have any other issues and have a nice day.

Jose_MSpotify Star
handShake30fps.gif

Suggested posts