Austria

Device

PC, Mobile phone, webbrowser

Operating System

Windows 10, Andriod, Firefox

My Question or Issue

Hello,

Summery of my Problem.

While i was lisining Music, on the Windows app, i got kicked out of my Account. I tried to to log in, however on every Device i got the message "the username or passwort is incorred error code 3". I can't reset my password because neighter my email adresse exist nor my username.

Longer Version:
Yesterday i started my Spotify an was log out. After checking, found i was locked out on all devices. I tried to log in back and password was incorrect. (i use a Password manager so i know my password is correct). I reseted my Password and i could log in. Then I changed my Email adresse to my new Email.
Today while i was lisining Music, on the Windows app, i got kicked out of my Account. I tried to to log in, however on every Device i got the message "the username or passwort is incorred error code 3". I can't reset my password because neighter my email adresse exist nor my username. I also tried my all email adresse, the email adresse also doesn't exist.

The account I'm writing is just a dumyaccount to write a post.

Kind regards,

confused User 😃

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

Happy update. I got a answer fron the support and the told me, that the block my account, because of suspicious activity. Don't know what the suspicious activity was, maybe because i change my password and email address onthe same day. Now it's unblocked and I'm back online

Kind regards,

Happy and unconfused user

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there

What I am going to do is escalte this post to help you further. Also, try contacting the service team.

Please like

Hey @dumyaccount.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account.

We suggest you check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Hope that helps!

Hello Peter,

thank you for your answer, but i don't think my account was stolen, because i can't reset my password. It always says, neither my username nor my email-adresse exist and yes i checkt with other spotify accounts if the still got me as friends.

(by the way my old useraccount was madcookie1234)

kind regards,

still confused user

Marked as solution

Hello,

Happy update. I got a answer fron the support and the told me, that the block my account, because of suspicious activity. Don't know what the suspicious activity was, maybe because i change my password and email address onthe same day. Now it's unblocked and I'm back online

Kind regards,

Happy and unconfused user

@madcookie1234 - glad you were able to sort this out! 

@dumyaccount- if you're trying to log in using your email address, then it's possible that the unauthorised user changed the email address registered to your account. This is the reason why, when trying to sign in, you might be seeing that message.

If that's the case, then we suggest you reach out directly to our Customer Service team here, who will help you change the email address back to the original one.

Hope that helps! 

Hello,

madcookie1234 was my lost account. I just wrote the answer to my Problem with my old account.

kind regards

Suggested posts