Premium

Country

U.S

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

so i created a new account because i wanted a different username and i made it but the username is different now when i know it was what i set it to when i created the account it just displays a bunch of ramdom letters and numbers, plus it also wouldnt let me close my old account i would get to the end of the steps to close it but the submit button would never apear it was just 3 grey dots blinking.

1 Reply

Hey @Kenokie,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Currently, when you sign up Spotify automatically generates a random username, but you're able to choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up.  

Usernames and display names can't be modified; however, other users will be able to find you with the display name you chose, and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

Sometimes the random username is displayed in the app, but it usually updates itself after a little while with the display name you chose when creating your account.

As for closing your old Spotify account, please ensure that you follow all of the steps outlined in this support article. If you experience any issues, try using an incognito window, another device, or another internet connection to close the account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts