Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account name is just numbers

Solved!

Account name is just numbers

Plan

Premium

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8, MacBook Pro

Operating System

Android Pie, MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Both on the desktop app and on my phone, my username appears as some random numbers. Per some research, it looks like this is due to creating my Spotify account with Facebook. However, this is really annoying as when my friends view my playlists, they don't see my name.

Is there a way to fix this so that my name is displayed as my name on Facebook or as a custom username.

Thanks for the help,

Nathan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Managed to fix the issue. You need to make sure processing of Facebook data is enabled in your privacy settings. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @hourvatat, @elazz and @scAAmpz,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community!

We'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for a step-by-step guide on resolving this, including how to toggle on this option from Spotify's Privacy settings page.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can lend a hand with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for bringing your query to the community! I've had this problem with my username myself. I found that it only lasted for a few days and my username then returned to normal. If it hasn't returned to normal within the next day or two let us know.

Best wishes,

A

I have the same issue, but this has been going on for a very long time.

I have had my account since 2014. I remember that in the past, my username was displayed as my name on Facebook. For at least a good while, my username has been displayed as some random numbers. I have a feeling this won't decide to automatically fix itself in the next couple days.

Hey man, 

I have the exact same issue. It used to be fine but no everywhere is displayed with numbers instead of my name and picture. I already tried to relink the spotify account by removing it from the apps settings in Facebook but that didn't work. 

Also logging out on all devices and log back in still shows the numbers. It's going on for months now 😞

Is there any chance someone from Spotify can comment on this or offer a solution? In past threads I've looked at it seems that yes, there's no ability to change your username, but I'm simply looking to have my Facebook name displayed at the least. I never set up my account to display these numbers and it makes my profile completely unidentifiable to my friends. I really hope that creating a new account is not the best solution.

Marked as solution

Managed to fix the issue. You need to make sure processing of Facebook data is enabled in your privacy settings. 

care to explain step by step how you do this?

I get this isssue ->

it basicly says we cannot load friends that you're able to follow

spotify.PNG

It would be nice to a bit more specific since I don't find any similar setting on facebook web or mobile settings. 

Can you explain a little bit more? Privacy settings of the Spotify you mean? I don't see that in my app settings now, It just asks for permission to block all cookies.
Marked as solution

Hey there @hourvatat, @elazz and @scAAmpz,

Thanks for posting this here in the Community!

We'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for a step-by-step guide on resolving this, including how to toggle on this option from Spotify's Privacy settings page.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can lend a hand with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts