Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account name was changed without my consent!

Account name was changed without my consent!

Plan

/Premium

Country

DO

Device

My Question or Issue

My account name was changed without my consent!

7 Replies

Hey @0iob-d_49l3jd, welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

In this case, I’d recommend changing your password and account info following these steps:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

If you think someone has gained access to your account, check out this support article.

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the reply,

My concern is more towards the fact that my account / username was changed, and that seems odd since no one can change the username.

@0iob-d_49l3jd,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Yes, it’s currently not possible to change usernames at the moment, which you can learn more about in this support article. 

I’ve provided some steps and a link if you think someone may have changed it, and your not sure who it is. 

I hope this clarifies things 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

What I meant is that my user name was changer without my consent, I believe was taken by Spotify.

@0iob-d_49l3jd,

It’s not possible to change a username, and here is what Spotify mentions in the support article I provided in my last reply:

“As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.”

I hope that helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Well if you look into my account the username was changed recently and without my approval. I did not request a change of my username, I would like to have it back.

Thank you

Hey @0iob-d_49l3jd.

Your Spotify Community Moderator team speaking 🙂

We're sorry for any confusion your situation may have caused. It sounds like a bit of an unusual one.

We're afraid we're unable to look at your account to see exactly what has happened, but we would still recommend following the steps here in this support article.

This way Spotify's support team can take a closer look at what's happened behind the scenes.

Hope that's clear! Let us know how it goes 🙂

P

Suggested posts