Solved!

Account not recognized on phone

Hello everyone 🙂 !

Plan 
Free

Country France

Device Huawei P Smart

Operating System Android Oreo 8.0  

When I'm on my computer (Asus), I connect to the Spotify application with my username and password and I can use Spotify normally. However, I have a problem regarding the use of Spotify on my cell phone (Huawei). I launch the application, I enter my username and password (they are the same as I entered the application on my computer just before). And there, an error message appears "the e-mail address and the password indicated do not correspond to any account Spotify. Please try again". However, these are exactly the same identifiers that I use on my computer (a few minutes before). It is my account but the Spotify app on my phone does not recognize it.

Can you help me please ?!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Thank you for your answer, I finally solved my problem.

I restarted my device but the problem was still there. Then I followed the steps to deinstalled the Spotify app and the problem was still there. Finally, I redefined my password from my phone (on the Spotify app and on my e-mail app) and not from my computer ... now it works 🙂 !!!

Have a nice day 😉

Suggested posts