Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account not showing up in search

Solved!

Account not showing up in search

I already have a premium Spotify account, linked to my Facebook account, that's for my own personal use. I recently created another Spotify account for my organization (Rvk Sound, that is a group of DJ's hosting club nights in my country) and would like to use it as an public figure on Spotify, and regulary creating playlists to share on social media. 
While beign logged in on my personal account I noticed that my new account doesn't show up in search. I've also asked other Spotify users to try the search and no one seems to be able to find the account. Also while beign logged in on the second account I can't find other users.
The only solutions I've found so far is to connect the Spotify account to my Facebook account, but since I've only got one Facebook account (where I handle my Facebook page for the same organization) I can't use that same Facebook account to link to this second Spotify account. 
How does other organizations solve this problem? (I can't be the only one having this problem)

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 10.59.00.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rvksound, welcome to the Community!

If you have enough followers, you can try getting your account verified. You start the process by entering your info here.

For now, users should be able to find you by pasting the link to your profile in their search bar. To get this link, just click the 3 dots under your name on your profile > Share > Copy Profile Link.

Hope that helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @rvksound, welcome to the Community!

If you have enough followers, you can try getting your account verified. You start the process by entering your info here.

For now, users should be able to find you by pasting the link to your profile in their search bar. To get this link, just click the 3 dots under your name on your profile > Share > Copy Profile Link.

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi!

I have the exact problem. I created a Spotify account but cannot link it to my Facebook because I already have another personal Spotify account that uses my personal FB. 

My profile or public playlists do not come up when someone searches them on the search bar. They are only visible if I share the link, which is complicated and not ideal. I want people to be able to find my profile by searching the name of the playlist or profile on the search bar. What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Hi @latriecuador,

Thank you for posting here and welcome to the Community!

Users should be able to locate your profile by typing your display name in the search menu, this becomes available after you have used your profile actively for a while. However, if there are many similar display names in the results, the best and easiest way to find your unique profile/playlists remains to share them to your friends via the direct Share profile/link options from the 3-dotted menu.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts