Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My account is repeatedly getting hijacked. I didn't think much of it before but I had weird playlists show up in the app, and sometimes there'd be phones that I don't own in the devices.

Yesterday I had a LOT more playlists than before and my music kept getting interrupted. I logged into the website, signed out of all devices and changed my password.

Today I tried to log in, but couldn't. They changed my password this time. I came to the website and used the "lost password" form to reset my password, logged in and sure enough... Weird playlists and unknown devices.

I'd like some kind of solution because my next option is to just not use spotify anymore.

4 Replies

Hey @pokeyz,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that someone has gained access to your account. I' recommend immediately following this guide: Someone has taken over my account.

Make sure you get in touch with the Spotify support team in step two, so they can take all the necessary steps to secure your account.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, I'd recommend taking a look at the "Protect your account" support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How can I get in touch with the support team? I already am employing best practices for security and think this needs to be escalated for a solution.

Hey @pokeyz,

You can get in touch with the Spotify support team by following the instructions in the second part of the "Someone has taken over my account" support article.

Here are the instructions from the support article:

1. Go to the contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose I can't log in to Spotify
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

on your web browser go to your account settings and then scroll down to the apps icon on the bottom left.  Make sure you have the appropriate access here, if anything is marked web browser "yeet" then make sure to remove access to this one for sure. i only have my map app, ps4 with app access now.  hopefully this should cure your problem as it cured mine.

Suggested posts