Free

Country

Italy

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a question. Why, when I access spotify from the browser, does it tell me that I have a strange username full of letters and numbers? My username should actually be "Sadico650" as it is on my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for getting back to us.

At the moment, it's not possible to log in using your display name because this info is only for other users to see and doesn't identify your account. The only info that does identify your account and can be used to log in, is your email address or generated username.

If you have one, you can also connect your Facebook profile following these steps. This will allow you to log in using Facebook, instead of your username or email address.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there @user-removed

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please let me know if your account was initially Facebook / Email created ?

In addition, I would like to point out that external users following you or others searching for your username can see the original one.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Email created and actually mail too

Hi @user-removed

thanks for your response !

Please log out on all of your devices choosing the "Sign Out Everywhere" option here.

Then log back in and give your account 24hrs to adapt.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello there!

You may find useful information on your account's username at your community Spotify account!

Let me know if this was helpful!

It didn't work.

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Keep in mind that usernames and display names are different. While usernames are automatically generated by our system to identify your account and cannot be changed, display names can be edited and this is the info that other users will see. 

In this case, would you mind letting us know if the username you're seeing is located in the top right corner of the screen, or does it appear in the browser's search bar (in the link)?

If you're still unable to see this info, we'd recommend logging out and back into your account twice to see if it helps. You can also give it a shot using the desktop app, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator

U're right, the username is the one composed by letters and numbers self-generated, but I cannot log in with my display name, why?
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for getting back to us.

At the moment, it's not possible to log in using your display name because this info is only for other users to see and doesn't identify your account. The only info that does identify your account and can be used to log in, is your email address or generated username.

If you have one, you can also connect your Facebook profile following these steps. This will allow you to log in using Facebook, instead of your username or email address.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts