Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account security

Account security

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

First of all, all of these devices aren't even mine as I'm been using google pixel for the past 2 years. My account was a student account and for whatever reason my account was changed to a family plan and Spotify started charging me 14.99 dollars and when I checked my settings there were about 5 people added to my account that I was unaware of and I don't even know these people and there was an address which isn't mine either. Now I want to know what Spotify can do about that? This is not the way to secure an account and the way my account was treated is very upsetting. How they can allow people to access my account without my permission and keep charging me for it. I have removed those people from my account and today I saw 4 new people using my account from different devices. Whenever I open my Spotify it's full with playlists that I don't listen to. I hope someone will pay attention to this issue and give me a solution.

1 Reply

Hey there, sorry for only getting back to you now.

Now that doesn't sound too good. I'd recommend just canceling the family plan and going back to free, immediately followed by following these steps. Now the student subscription is very complicated, and you should definitely mention that when following the second step on that support page and contacting Spotify.

I hope this helped and I wish you good luck with your account and a great day.

Suggested posts