Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account shows different name, someone else used it, logging out from devices didn't change it back

Solved!

Account shows different name, someone else used it, logging out from devices didn't change it back

Starting at least a couple days ago all of my devices show a different username ("Renato Correia" instead of "ebrl") - I noticed it when the Android app informed me the account was already connected on another device, which wasn't mine. I could control it remotely, and after a minute or two whomever was using it turned it off and I could use my account again, but the different name remains there, even after I logged out from all devices and changed my password. At least apparently nobody else used the account again, but still - could someone look into it? I'm not "Renato Correia"!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ebrl

If you have changed the password and logged out of devices, then the user should be gone.

Also, it sounds like your account was connected to a Facebook account and that is why the name changed.

Go into the Spotify desktop app and go to the settings page. Disconnect from Facebook.

After you disconnect your account from their Facebook, it can take a few days for your name to change back to your username.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Someone keeps using my account as well. I want to block the devices but I'm unsure how
Marked as solution

@ebrl

If you have changed the password and logged out of devices, then the user should be gone.

Also, it sounds like your account was connected to a Facebook account and that is why the name changed.

Go into the Spotify desktop app and go to the settings page. Disconnect from Facebook.

After you disconnect your account from their Facebook, it can take a few days for your name to change back to your username.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @Chemiprof86

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts