Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account split into two

Solved!

Account split into two

I have seen that many people are having this problem recently. 

I have a spotify premium account. I log in with (lets just say for security purposes) x@mail.com normally. Somehow, my account has been split into 2 separate accounts: x@mail.com and just x. If I log in with x@mail.com, it is the account connect with facebook, but all my music, playlists, and friends don't show up. If I log in with just x, all my playlists are there, but it won't let me connect with facebook because x@mail.com is registered with that facebook account. If I go into the accounts page, x@mail.com is a free account, and x is my normal paid account. They are both using the x@mail.com for the contact email address. 

What is going on? I've looked at others in the forum with the same issue. I didn't want to hijack their thread so I made my own.

72 Replies

Hekemon - Have you tried using your Facebook password when this pop up box appears?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Tried it and it worked. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable than my credit card can be charged with my facebook password though...

the same thing with me my orginal acount is hmodalen (with premium) after disconecting from facebook cant login to it 

Modalen - If you then log in with your username 'hmodalen' and your Spotify password, you should get in.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Meredith,

I'd be grateful if you could remove the trial that must have been set up for me today as well please.

Thank you 🙂

Marked as solution

rorydaniels - If you could log out and log in with your 'irons_79' username and Spotify password, you'll access your original account.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks ever so much Sam 🙂

I had a 3 month trial with virgin but when it ended I accidentally set up another account which I don't want. I want my original account back. I've signed up for the monthly option already. Please help!!!

I recently created a secondary account with a different email address, but it is linked to my facebook page.   I cannot access my original acount under the email address: kdesimone_20@hotmail.com.  Can you please delete my secondary account as to free up my original account immediately?  Thanks!

@kdesimone20 wrote:

I recently created a secondary account with a different email address, but it is linked to my facebook page.   I cannot access my original acount under the email address: kdesimone_20@hotmail.com.  Can you please delete my secondary account as to free up my original account immediately?  Thanks!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you get in touch with customer support using the online contact form they will be able to get that sorted for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I somehow have a second account through spotify as well. i cant log into my old which has all my playlists. not sure what i did. can you please delete the second account?

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Hi Meredith,

Can you also do the same as mine? I cant change my country. I suspect it is due to the secondary account. Appreciate your help. thanks!

Suggested posts