Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account stolen

Account stolen

A few weeks ago my account was hacked/stolen. The first thing this person did was change the email address, then I assume my password. After they changed the email address which notified me (of their email address too...) I quickly emailed back the account support explaining what had happened. They have seemingly ignored me or missed my emails. As have the support team - I later sent a follow up email to them to no meaningful  (non-generic try out Twitter or community forum) reply. Lost my subscription and had to cancel my credit card. Honestly pretty **bleep** off and upset, what can I do from here..?

5 Replies

Hey @Stewart5,

please follow the steps shown in this support article.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply! I have actually done this already, it was my third email to support to which I've had no reply 😞 I can always try again I suppose.

Hey again @Stewart5,

have you reached out through the contact form?

And if so when did you do this?

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

I sent an email to account-details-changed@spotify.com on the 25th of Jan (outlining the activity - the email address chaning for my account - wasn't me and what appeared to have happened), and through the contact form I think you're referring to (which got me an automatic reply from support@spotify.com) the day after on the 26th.

Hey again @Stewart5,

Thanks for letting me know!
If you've reached out to the right folks, they should have responded.
Can you double-check your inbox, and junk/spam folders too for an email? Just in case it's gone there!
If not, i'd recommend reaching out to them once more.
Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts