Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account strangeness

Account strangeness

I was suddenly not able to log in using the password I have always used. I requested a password reset email with my usual email address. The email came though, but it indicated that my username was a string of numbers that I do not recognize. That was never what my username was. 

I managed to create a new password and log in, but I immediately noticed that I was no longer signed up for Premium, which I always had been. My playlists are all gone. 

What the heck happened?

2 Replies

Hey, I'm probably on a wrong path and this may be a dumb question, but are you sure that your Spotify account was on this e-mail? Maybe you have another or an old mail account to which your real Spotify account is registered?

Hey there @westing000

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts.

Your Spotify account has a username, as well as a display name. Usernames are created automatically by the system for security reasons. That’s why they consist of random numbers and letters. This has the advantage that several users can use the same display name. 

It’s not possible to change your username, but you can create a display name upon registering your Spotify-account. Usernames on the other hand remain unique. To set a display name, you can either create a new account, or connect your account with Facebook. This way your Facebook-name will appear as a display name on your Spotify-account.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts