Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account suspected stolen

Account suspected stolen

Found myself logged out on all devices today and password has been changed. Account is linked to an inactive email address, unable to reset on my own. Support contact form on Spotify.com is an endless loop back to the first step. Premium account. Any help appreciated. 

3 Replies

Hey @dub_long

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

In case you're unable to access the email address you've registered on your Spotify account and reset your password you can only get help from our folks at the customer support team for security reasons. We recommend trying to use the contact form in a private/incognito window to avoid cache-related issues or trying a different browser as well. 

If you still can't reach out to the team through the contact form, we recommend trying out one of the ways to contact them listed here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Ivan, I appreciate the reply. The contact form continues to either send me back to step 1 or to a password reset screen that is useless to me because I cannot access the associated email account. Is there no direct link for a support email address or live chat? Thank you. 

Hey @dub_long

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you still can't use the contact form next thing you can try is logging in to a different Spotify account in order to report what happened with your original account to our support team.

You can ask a friend or relative to log in to the app with their own account and open the contact form, or you can simply create a free Spotify account following the steps described here.   

Give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day!    

Suggested posts