Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account switch and playlists

Account switch and playlists

My Question or Issue

I'm deleting my Facebook account and it seems I can't change my login information if that happens. The only other solution I've found is to delete this account and create a new Spotify. 

When that happens, I'd rather not completely restart my playlists (both on followers and content). How should I handle this? Is there a way to create a new account and link that account to the old one (like what was recommended when I linked my Facebook to an existing account)?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

1 Reply

Hi @GotYoShell,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community!

If your account was not created through Facebook, you can disconnect Facebook from it by following the steps you'll find here under "Connect or disconnect Facebook". You'll then be able to log in the account using the email address you created the account with together with the related password (which you can always update here).

If you signed up for your Spotify account with Facebook, you can still update your account so that you can log in it through the Facebook email address without the need of pressing the "LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK" button. To do this, you'll simply have to receive a password reset link to the same email address by following the steps in the link to update your password which you find above.

In both cases, you should be able to access your Spotify account even upon closing your Facebook.

Let us know if  this worked and if we can help with anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts