Account used by someone else, resetting password doesn't help

Re: Account used by someone else, resetting password doesn't help

LukeLorenc
Regular

I've discovered some other problems

Although a completely different album is played, it's never been a playlist. At first, I thought this may not be a significant difference, but I suspect there's a reason why it's always an album. 

I looked at one of the albums that the hacker played, and it  seems it was also by an artist from South America, but could be from another Spanish-speaking country. This leads me to believe it's the same hacker affecting Zeatrix.

I've also spotted some unusual data about all of these artists. They generally have over 50,000 monthly listeners and over 25,000 listeners in Dallas, but very few followers. Many of the artist pages are not verified either. When going into the "Fans Also Like" pages, I see these same artists. Many of them are also signed up to the record label Spinnup; I'd say at least 70%. It's an "open" record label, meaning virtually anyone can pay a monthly fee to distribute music across various platforms.

This may make me sound crazy, but could this be some sort of viral marketing tactic? Spinnup seems to be targeting Spotify more than other platforms according to its website. Maybe they're trying to artificially boost listener numbers for their artists? 

To Jemi, I do appreciate your help and understand this may be a difficult issue, so I hope we can resolve this together.

apples
Casual Listener

This is happening to me too now. I also had the 2 other members of my Premium Family account kicked out. When I went to reinvite them, there was an invite pending to what looked like a spammy email address.

I can't reset or change my Spotify password. This is honestly embarassing.

MW00
Casual Listener

I have the same problem.

Someone else is using my acccount.

I have changed my password, and also "logged out of everywhere."

The other person is still using this account. 

Last night I went back and forth about 12 times kicking out the other person so I could listen on my device.  

Someone used my email address to sign up to spotify.  They're still using it.  

Why doesn't spotify require some form of email ownership verification?  I needed to verify my email to post here, but I don't need to verify my email to listen to an artist's life's work?!  

Spotify!  Get responsible and get real!!

MW00
Casual Listener

This isn't an answer... this is a total lack of literacy.

"log out of everywhere" and change the password are NOT working.

Did you even read the O.P.??

MW00
Casual Listener

This isn't a solution.  Stop re-directing legitimate problems to the same non-solution: "log out everywhere," and change password.

The other person using my account is using the devince "PS4 - 268"

I don't have a PS4, I'm not in to gaming, I'd never "like" the artists this other person is liking.

Why doesn't Spotify force an email verification before associating that email address with an account!?  I verified my email to post here, but not to use Spotify itself?!

I am not a robot.

MW00
Casual Listener

Agreed!

No one is taking this seriously.

Spotify's authentication is totally absent.

"Logging out everywhere," and changing my password is not doing anything!

I am repeatedly kicked out of the use of Spotify by someone else on the devince "PS4 - 268".

At the very least, why is Spotify not sending verification of email address checks before allowing someone to use anyone else's email address?

1 person liked this

PreticleAlt
Regular

Before you close your account, use this to help move your playlists over to your new account with minimal amount of stress and maximum comfortability.

SUGGESTED POSTS