Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account used from somewhere else - no new devices visible, pw changed and everything logged out

Solved!

Account used from somewhere else - no new devices visible, pw changed and everything logged out

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland / Used quite a bit Denmark 

Device

Issue first noted in iPhone 6, still continues on iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 11.4 

My Question or Issue

My account is either being used by someone else, or somehow two accounts are somehow linked. 

1) Few months back my account started getting paused on my morning commute, giving the error "Your account is been used somewhere else". No weird devices on the list - but I was changing network from my own wireless to 4G (different ISP), and just didn't think more of it. Just thought it was an inconvenience.

2) This escalated in a way that my weekly suggestions started changing drastically. At this point I took a better look on my playlists, and they contained EDM and "feel good" playlists, which I do not listen - no hate, but not my thing. Still no weird devices visible.

3) As a solution from this community, I selected the "log out of all devices", then reset my password. I did this couple weeks ago, but I have been out-of-office, so my morning commute hasn't involved that much spotify.

4) This morning the same issue came back. Still no weird devices on my device list.

Spotify, please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @konkeli

What I suggest you to try is,

1.  Unlink your Facebook account from Spotify.

2. Change your Facebook password and Spotify password again.

3. Link it back to Spotify.

Hope this helps, and have a great day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @konkeli

What I suggest you to try is,

1.  Unlink your Facebook account from Spotify.

2. Change your Facebook password and Spotify password again.

3. Link it back to Spotify.

Hope this helps, and have a great day!

Thanks, I'll try that one out!

I've never used the FB logon, but I did set that up years ago. 

I'll report back.

Hello @konkeli!

Sorry to hear that you noticed other activity in your account.

I recommend checking out the steps under ‘What do I do if my account has been taken over?’ in this support article for what to do next.

Hope this helps! And make sure to ask any other questions, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Jose, those steps were the first ones I took. 

This seems to have done the trick. I haven't had any unwanted activity on my account during this morning. 

I'm still going to follow-up if something happens, but folks: Please check your facebook connections!

Suggested posts