Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account was hacked, used to get fake plays for artists. Can I report these artists?

Account was hacked, used to get fake plays for artists. Can I report these artists?

Hello, is there a way to report artists who abuse Spotify's policy and get fake plays?

My account was recently hacked, fortunately I was able to catch it fairly quickly when my phone said I was playing music on a random browser.

Password changed, logged out of all devices. So I hope I'm ok.

Now I have a log of a few artists that my account was forced to listen to. I'm suspecting these artists had paid to get fake plays on their songs. This is similar to how people pay for twitter and instagram followers: accounts are hacked, and used to follow these people. I'd like to report these artists, they all happen to be EDM.

I've noticed this is kind of a trend for those who have their accounts hacked. The artists they end up listing to are unknown EDM artists.

assholes.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @cornm,

thanks for posting and sorry to hear this had happen to you !

You can always report the content following the steps provided on this help page.

Furthermore, you might as well reach out to Spotify for Artists for more info.

On top of all, please make sure to use this help page and this one as well to strengthen your account protection.

Hope this helps 🙂 

Suggested posts