Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account was "reset" towards taste of someone who broke in

Account was "reset" towards taste of someone who broke in

A few days ago someone else was listening to music on my account, through an unknown synced device. I've since solved that problem and changed my password, but Spotify's impression of my taste was NUKED: even though apparently the break-in/glitch/whatever it was only happened for two or three sessions worth of listening, all recommendations, daily mixes, saved albums, etc were completely reset. I've rebuilt my library to some extent but for most purposes my account looks like a "new" account with an extremely heavy bias towards the music that other person listened to in that short inverval.

Is it possible to reset, or "soft reset" my account to some point a few weeks ago? One of the best features of the service is the excellent recommendations/discovery systems, and these are completely useless for now.

1 Reply

Hey @ebrl! Thanks for writing.

In this case, Spotify will return to normal over the course of the next weeks. Since the music that was playing on your account was entirely different from the one you regularly listen to, our algoryithm needs to readjust. During this time, we suggest you listen to Spotify as much as possible in order for it to sync in the least amount of time.

If this doesn't work and you're still unable to see or recover your playlists and saved music, our best suggestion would be to visit this page for additional info on what to do next.

We hope this helps. Have an awesome day 🙂

Suggested posts