Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add existing Spotify accounts to premium family free trial

Solved!

Add existing Spotify accounts to premium family free trial

I just started a free family premium trail. I have 2 family members who have existing Spotify accounts. I would like to add them to my plan, and have them keep their settings and history etc. One is an individual account. The other is a student account. How can I do this? Thanks.

Gary (US)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ProgMetalHead, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

You're able to invite and remove members following the steps hereInvite or remove members section. 

Once they accept the invite and join the Premium Family plan, they won't lose any saved content, such as music, playlists, etc. 

Also, once they join the plan, all billing will be the plan manager's responsibility (the Premium Family price) after the free trial.

There is more info on Premium Family here

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ProgMetalHead, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

You're able to invite and remove members following the steps hereInvite or remove members section. 

Once they accept the invite and join the Premium Family plan, they won't lose any saved content, such as music, playlists, etc. 

Also, once they join the plan, all billing will be the plan manager's responsibility (the Premium Family price) after the free trial.

There is more info on Premium Family here

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks. Do they have to cancel their existing accounts? Or is that automatically taken care of?

Hey @ProgMetalHead

No problem, I'm here to help. 

They don't have to cancel their existing Premium or Premium Student accounts. Once they accept the invite and join the plan, all billing goes to the plan manager automatically, so they don't need to do anything in terms of changing or canceling any account information.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts