Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add family member

Add family member

I have added my son to Spotify, sendt invite to my email. When I click the "accept the invite" button I am sent to the Subscription page where I really can't do much because settings are correct. If I go for the Premium for Family manu he is added to the list but with status invitation sent. if I click his user it says "invite pending".  Either something is wrong or there is somedetail I have missed, please help 

3 Replies

Hey @ollietarkaka.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you would like to invite your son, he will have to be the one to accept the invitation. You can't accept the invitation since you are already the administrator of the plan.

Have your son open the email in an incognito browsing session if it's still not working. And keep in mind he should log in with his personal Spotify account to accept the invitation. This account needs to be associated to the email address the invitation is being sent to.

Should do the trick! Let us know if it's not working and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

My son is 4 years old so he can't really accept anything. But he loves a record of childrens's pirate music that he plays non-stop. The reason I upgraded to Family is that Spotify's algorithms are not smart enough to separate his music tastes from mine which menas my "discover" services are completely ruined (=not so into pirate music). 
I have sent the invite to another email adress of mine, i.e not the one I have signed up with. Are you saying I have to open the invite in Chrome incognito mode to get this to work? 🙂    

Hey @ollietarkaka.

Thanks for getting back to us!

You'll have to make sure you have a Spotify account with the email address you are issuing the invitation to, before you send out the invitation.

If the invitation does not work then yes, an incognito browsing session should help 🙂 Simply open the invitation again and log in with the account which is associated with the email address the invitation has been sent to.

And that's it! Hope it works. Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts