Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Android/W7

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How can I add a person to my family account and keep the playlists from her current Premium account?

She has a regular Premium account of her own and is now my wife.

She is going to cancel her plan, whenshe is invitetd to the family group, how can we ensure, she keeps her playlist while switching plan and cancelling her original account at all?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Fitzcarraldo, help has arrived!

When you add someone to your Premium for Family plan, they still have their same Premium account - the only difference is that you'll be paying one, low price for all the members in your plan. To answer this completely - no your wife will not lose any saved content, including saved songs, playlists, etc.

If you're unsure how to send an invite to your wife, check under the 'Manage Members' section here. When you send an invite, your wife will get an email notification for her to accept. Once she does, she'll be required to enter some info and verify her address - and she'll be good to go.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you need anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Fitzcarraldo, help has arrived!

When you add someone to your Premium for Family plan, they still have their same Premium account - the only difference is that you'll be paying one, low price for all the members in your plan. To answer this completely - no your wife will not lose any saved content, including saved songs, playlists, etc.

If you're unsure how to send an invite to your wife, check under the 'Manage Members' section here. When you send an invite, your wife will get an email notification for her to accept. Once she does, she'll be required to enter some info and verify her address - and she'll be good to go.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you need anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts