Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add subscription and change country

Add subscription and change country

Hello everyone,

I am a spotify customer (at least I was paying myself or my brother for the last 2 years and a half). I moved in another country and I have moved my account "country" on Ireland (which honestly I hate) and now I want to revert back to the previous country.

According to Spotify KB, looks simple as put your card details and will update with your first payment, right? Wrong! It picks up the origin country of the card it loads a bit the page and it returns to default again. Tried 1st time from my phone and it didn't work. Tried from a pc and got same result.

Could somebody from spotify assist me change the country to Italy so I can renew my subscription please?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Cristian

3 Replies

Hey Cristian, thanks for reaching out to us!

The payment method you use to subscribe must match the country you're in. This means that if you'd like to change the country settings on your account to Italy, a payment method from that country needs to be used. If you're still unable to change the country settings even after using a payment method from another country, just get in touch with our Accounts team via this contact form, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on our Facebook page.

We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

Apparently is not that pretty straight forward as you mentioned. I have followed your guide, Spotify's guides and read on the community that they are hundreds of similar case. Everywhere is missing the important step to solve this: LOCATION.

I haven't see anywhere saying you have to login on Spotify's website from the country you want to change your Country. Not even you mentioned that. I have 2 nationalities and I travel a lot. For my reasons I wanted to change my country from abroad, and again wasn't mentioned anywhere that is FORBITTEN or WRONG, it just doesn't work.

Lost 3 hours to search how-to, read the community helps and get in touch with technical support.

Would have been hard to note this information too?!

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

Cristian

Thanks for replying.

You can check the steps on how to change the country settings on your account here. As it's indicated there, you’ll need a payment method with a billing address in the country you’d like to switch to. If you come across any issues, our Accounts team will be able to help you. 

Suggested posts