Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Added local files to playlist. Playlist shows on desktop and web, but not iPhone

Added local files to playlist. Playlist shows on desktop and web, but not iPhone

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

iPhone6

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I have a large library of music on my NAS. Using the desktop (windows) app, I created a playlist of the entire library.  This is a playlist created by all local files. I understand that some of the music won't be in Spotify, especially rare or local artist. 

I am able to view the playlist on my desktop. I am also able to view that on the Web version of spotify. 

Viewing the playlist on my iPhone, it appears blank. 

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the phone app, but that does not seem to work. 

1 Reply

Hey @hopjunky, help's here. 

Sounds like you're trying to view a playlist made up of only local files on your phone. Is that correct? If so, you need to manually synchronize the playlist with your phone as the music is stored locally on your desktop. To do this, make sure to follow the steps provided here, under 'Mobile and tablet'.

Let us know how it goes, and if that didn't solve it, specify what's going on and send a screenshot. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts