Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Family Subscriptions to Student Discounted Plan

Adding Family Subscriptions to Student Discounted Plan

I am interested in doing the family plan but I was told everyone has to reside in the same house to be eligible under the $14.99 monthly fee.  I live in LA but my daughter lives in Santa Barabar, does that mean I can't add her to the family plan? 

6 Replies

Hey there! You can try to add her to your plan. I don't know why, but it's possible to do it even if you guys don't reside at the same address. I'm on a Premium for Family plan and i don't live with any of the other members of the plan. You don't lose anything by trying! If it's not possible, then just request a refund within 14 days after you make the payment (although I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it). Cheers!

so it worked for you, I guess, I'll give it a go.  Both of my kids are on the student plan, is it easy to move them to the family plan.

Another question, when I set up the family plan, do I then delete the subscription on their student accounts?

As it's not possible to have two promotions at the same time, your kids need to cancel their student discount here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/ and wait until their accounts are on the Free service. When they're on Free, they can join your Premium for Family plan 🙂

If we do that, they will lose their pre-existing playlists, right?

Sorry for the delay! No, they won't lose their playlists as they'll keep using their own accounts to log in after joining your Premium for Family plan.

Suggested posts