Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding a person to Premium using family option

Adding a person to Premium using family option

I want to put my son on the family option and pay £15.99 per month. But the page makes it look like I'll be charged on top of my current £9.99 - it says "Start my Premium Spotify". If I press the green button, will I be charged a new £15.99? Is this only open to new subscribers? Here's the page https://www.spotify.com/us/family/purchase/#__extended-creditcard

4 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

As far as I know, you can only add an extra person by canceling the current subscription, and waiting for the accounts to drop to the free plan.

The price would be $9.99 + $5 (per person). Also, there is a maximum of 4 additional users. 

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

How long does that take? This seems like a very awkward way to upgrade. Considering all the things Spotify can do instantly, it's odd they can't figure this one out. 

The account drops to free on the date which is in your account. It will say something like "You will be charged $xx,xx on DATE".

I know this might be confusing, it's not my decision. I'll ask around if there's anything Spotify can do to make it work better.

I'm facing the same problem now. I'd like to add my sister to my family account. Is there still no way to upgrade from one 'size of family' to another?

Suggested posts