Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding family members

Solved!

Adding family members

Hi, I have signed up for family premium. The treblie I'm having is, I have sent my wife an invite, but we can't get in. Does she have to set up a acct?  The numbers that they give her, where do the go? The page after she recieves  invite, verts her back to sign in page, with my email and password. thank you for your help. Dana Taylor

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's great news, @gordob1!

Enjoy, and pelase don't forget to Accept as Solution 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi @ExecPro01, welcome to the community.

Yes, every member of your family must have an account if they want to access their own Spotify profiles. 

In the email received by your wife, click ACCEPT INVITATION. Then:

• If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account: the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.
  • If you do not have a Spotify account: you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM

Let me know if this works!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I am running into the sam problem and the proposed solution doesn't work for me.

Here is what I've done;

1. upgrade to premium

2. added my wife's details as another user

3. sent her the email invite

4. email invite has the invite code and an accept invitation tab

5. when you click on the 'invite tab' it takes you to spotify log-in screen

6. options are log-in or sign up

7. we sign her up using the same email address i used when I set her up as an additional user

8. once signed up there is no redeem token option as mentioned in the solution

9. we then go into account settings

10. there is an option to redeem a code, we enter that in letter by letter (also using upper and lower case letters) and it throws up an error with the code (the email invitation with the invite code was sent less than an hour ago) 

So where to from here?  By the way love the Spotify service to date, but feels abit like it's all to hard 🙂

Hi @gordob1

I'm assuming your wife didn't have an account before you send her the invitation, right?

If so (or if not), please read bellow:

ACCEPT AN INVITE

To accept a Premium for Family invitation, open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION

If you already have a Free or Premium account

• You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM

If you do not have a Spotify account

• You’ll be directed to create a Spotify Free account. 
  • After doing so, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION
  • You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM

Please try it again and let me know if it works!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Buenas noches, he adquirido una cuenta familar ya hace unos meses atras, hace unos dias me llega un correo que no se habia podido confirmar las direcciones de los otros miembros de la cuenta, cuando reviso el estado de ellos dentro de la cuenta ya no se encuentran vinculados, les envio nuevamente la invitacion y los datos para agregarlos nuevamente y me dice "QUE NO ES POSIBLE CANJEAR EL CODIGO" que debo hacer para volverlos a vincular a la cuenta 

It worked like a charm!

I think I've worked out why it orginally didn't work.  My wife was clicking on the accept invite link in the email on her android phone.

For some reason when we did it via her phone and it took her to the spotify page on her phone's browser, the page didn't show the redeem code field.

When we tried clicking on the redeem code on her laptop, the redeem code field was visible on the spotify page on her web browser and presto it worked, her account is now set up.

Thank you for the super quick response.

Much appreciated.

Marked as solution

That's great news, @gordob1!

Enjoy, and pelase don't forget to Accept as Solution 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

none of these solutions are working for me... when my family members follow the invite link emailed to them, they get a spotify/facebaook login page, nothing about reddeem or anything else, what are they supposed to do?

Hi @aeneas1

Does this behaviour happen with all members? Are they using different devices? Have you tried canceling the invitations and sending new ones?

BittencourtSpotify Star

first, thanks for the quick reply!

yes, happens to all of them.... what should they be seeing? and, no, i haven't tried cancelling all the invites and trying again...

Ok, that's what they should be seeing:

To accept a Premium for Family invitation, open the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION

If you already have a Free or Spotify-created Premium account

If you do not have a Spotify account

• You’ll be directed to create a Spotify Free account. 
  • After doing so, reopen the link you received and click ACCEPT INVITATION
  • You’ll be redirected to a new browser that contains a pre-filled token. Click REDEEM.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts