Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding my daughter as family plus 1

Adding my daughter as family plus 1

I have had spotify premium for 1 year, listening of my Samsung. I also had signed in to my daughters iPhone for the same account. I have now upgraded to family, I have invited my daughter. I have deleted the app and everything from her iPhone. However, I just can't figure it out how to log her on...?? Is she a new sign up and will she have access to all my music or does she need to start again....?? Or does she use my log on details.? I have followed the instructions and I just can't seem to do it....??? Anyone able to help...thanks
3 Replies

Hey @amnorris28,

Your daughter needs to create a Spotify account to be able to join your Family plan. She can do that here. 🙂

Once the account is created, you need to invite her accounts email address.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. Does it need to be the spotify free trial or the premium account
that's she signs up for. .? Thanks

To accept an invite:

If you’ve received an email invitation to join a Spotify Family plan, first of all, congratulations! Secondly:

1. In the email, click ACCEPT INVITATION.
  2. If you already have a Free or Spotify.com-created Premium account, the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. ClickREDEEM.

If you do not have a Spotify account, you will be led to create a Free level account. After doing so, click ACCEPT INVITATION again on the email and the “Redeem token” web page will open in your browser with a long redeem token number pre-filled in Token. Click REDEEM.  

If you have a Premium account created through any other company than Spotify, you will need to contact that company to cancel before signing up to Spotify Family. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for cancelling.

More detailed guide you can find here.

Cheers!

Suggested posts