Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads During Song

Ads During Song

It feels like 2 or 3 times a song an ad will start playing during it! It's very annoying and I'll probably stop using spotify unless its fixed. 

26 Replies

this has been happening since 2014? **bleep**. great job. still happening today.

I've used it for years and today is the first day it's done it to me. Good to hear it's a bug but sad to see it's been 3 years since it first appeared.

Seriously, how is there not a fix for this in three years?A music service playing ads over songs is useless. The only fix I've found is to use Pandora, which I like only slightly better than ads playing audio during songs.

I followed a link to this forum which informed me to click on a button that says "Me too" if I also experience ads playing loudly over music on spotify. However, I cannot locate the button. I am using spotify webplayer on my laptop and the ad is for CMA and it plays over any song no matter how many times I close out of the page and return or if I restart my laptop or restart my wifi. The ad still plays over the music. Please help! 

I have experienced this twice today. Once was an M&M commerical, and the other I wasn't sure what it was advertising - maybe a movie. What was playing over my song wasn't what was being advertised in the banner, so I don't think it was just the banner ad playing. 

Also, lately the constant loading of new banner ads makes the music pause and/or skip. 

I am using the web player on Windows 10.

Having the same issue on the webplayer on chrome, on a mac. Seems to stop once I pause the song, switch tabs, then come back, but it's still annoying and happens frequently.

Same here mastercard ad played 3 times over one song. I'm surprised it's been three years and the bug is still there. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

Suggested posts