Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After Update - Can't log in to my Premiumaccount but to a new Facebookaccount.

After Update - Can't log in to my Premiumaccount but to a new Facebookaccount.

Hey guys, hope somebody is able to help me - I wrote 3 mails to the support-team but won't get an answer at all, so I'll try here:

After restarting spotify for an update last week it wouldn't let me log in to my Account, but strangely logged me in to a new Account (a facebookaccount I guess) with no followers, playlist and no premium upgrade. I am using the same login for facebook and spotify but never connected it (I always closed the popup with the question to connect to my account, when logging in) - so I tried changing my facebook password, as I thought I could now log into spotify with my 'spotify'-log in, but it didn't work, I just can log into the new account with my new password. 

Not only my Premium is gone, also my mobile-app is not working and of course all my playlists and followers are gone. I can find my public playlists with my name and also my spotify-id, which is 1121943912 (I also tried to log in with the numbers but it'd say wrong username and/or password.) 

My new account (the one I don't want) has a different id to the original one. Is it possible to connect my profile again to my 'old' account? (/ I  I need my playlists and also I'm paying 10 Euros (which is a lot for me as a volonteer) a month for the premium-version. I also never wanted to share anything on facebook or be connected to it in any ways (I know how to turn it of, but still - a strange thing to go on here ;))

So:

Right Account: 1121943912

Wrong Account: 1199605879

Please, somebody help me! 🙂

Lena

23 Replies

Yes I do - after somebody answered on my mail (contact sheet), they resetted my password and told me to log in with the numbers and my newly chosen password.

I wrote back with my problem of having that weird name then, but haven't got an answer since then.

Interesting, they should get back to you if you replied though so keep an eye on your inbox!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, will do so!

I just wanted to ask, if there's an easier way to change usernames by myself or something like that, because my friends were kind of confused, to whom these funny numbers belong, but I guess they'll find a solution 😄

There is no way to change usernames, normally all numeric usernames are a by-product of Facebook created accounts - but since those accounts are tied to Facebook they always display your real name so you never see that username which is used in the background. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts