Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Aggravated.

Aggravated.

I have been waiting a week for a reply to this, and have recently found out more information. I had canceled my account 4 days before the deadline to cancel, and my bank account was still charged. I canceled because I couldn't afford to pay for the service any longer. You charged my bank, and over-drafted my account. Now I am curious as to why the hell my account had TWO **bleep**ing withdrawls. That's TWO time you dickheads charged me for a bull**bleep** service I unsubscribed to, for a single month. That's TWO over-draft charges, which brought my bank account from $8.00 to -$56. I expect to be compensated for the charges. There is absolutely no reason I should have been charged twice for a single month. I sent an email a week ago, and awaited a response to no avail. If I don't hear a response in 3 days (which is what the automated email gave as an estimated response time), you will hear from me again. And I will be a hell of a lot less friendly.

Signed,
A disgruntled **bleep**ing customer.

6 Replies

I went through the exact same experience and I think a totally screwed up billing system is the culprit. I see online in various forums that people are complaining about getting charged twice.

Here is what I found on spotify.com's own website:

https://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/payment/#why-am-i-being-charged-more-than-once-a-month-for-my-pr...

I hope a magazine the size of huffington post or TC calls their buff and helps people get their money back.

mrjack11 - I've just taken a look at your account, I could only locate the one payment. It seems that you may have cancelled a couple of hours after the first payment was taken after your trial.

jarajapu - A similar situation with yourself, in that I could only locate the one payment.

I'll email you both.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I just came across this post - I had the same thing happen today - I have submitted an email (only about 15 mins ago) so I have not yet heard back from Spotify.  I cancelled my subscription on Monday - 2-3 days (depending on how they start the timer) BEFORE the end of the 30 trial period - and yet, I was charged yesterday, March 1st.  I am waiting for someone to contact me in regards to this - especially as it seems my account is now active again - even though I went through each of the several screens in the cancellation process....and it clearly stated that, should I wish to "reactivate" my account, all I needed to do was log in and do so from the account screen - which I did not do.  As of yet, not seeing red, but, should no one contact me, and as there isn't a number to call for customer service, we shall see....

Then please explain to me why my bank account was over drafted TWICE. One month payment, and I get billed TWICE. There is no reason for that. Your records are obviously flawed, because I just had to pay my bank $70 just to get my head above the water. That is $70 I had to LITERALLY throw away. I DON'T USE THE SERVICE. Yet I had to pay for it. TWICE. I want something done about this.

Good find. Unfortunately, nobody has access to my credit cards ( as I do not have one ), and I signed up for the service using Facebook. Canceling my subscription was tedious. More hoops to jump through than there should be. This is a serious problem, and I can see that it's affecting more people than just myself. Maybe Spotify should look into this problem, instead of shrugging it off like it doesn't exist.

@David, I at least appreciate that you responded to this fairly quickly. At least you're TRYING to be helpful. Which is the first glimmer of confidence I have seen since I signed up for this service.

Here's my Paypal statement.

Feb 28, 2012 Update To
Spotify USA Inc
Canceled
Details Update To Spotify USA Inc 9HB90633DJ739340U -$9.99$0.00-$9.99 USD$0.19 USD
 Feb 19, 2012  
Payment To
Spotify USA Inc
CanceledThe payment was canceled and the money has been returned to your bank account.
The payment was canceled and the money has been returned to your bank account.
Details Payment To Spotify USA Inc 35275446VD304240T
  -$9.99$0.00-$9.99 USD
$0.19 USD

Suggested posts