Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Won't Play In Spotify, HELP!

Album Won't Play In Spotify, HELP!

Hey,

So I downloaded 3 of the Weeknd's albums off of their website onto my computer, which I thought was pretty cool that he does.  For some reason, though, one of the albums (House of Balloons) will not play in Spotify.  I tried deleting it and downloading it again to see if that would fix the problem, but no dice.  It works in ITunes though, so I'm not sure what the issue is.  Any ideas for a solution?  Much thanks.

6 Replies

I'm having the same problem with another album...

Well...moot point now.  I'm studying abroad currently and apparently could only use Spotify for free for two weeks abroad.  Just stopped working today.  fml haha

I've had the exact same problem... Echoes of Silence and Thursday play perfectly fine in Spotify but I get an error when ever I try to play any song off of House of Balloons :'(

Why doesn't someone from spotify reply on this? I have the same problem, same album as the threadstarter, his other albums work fine.

Edit: I've googled my head off, tried codec suggested by an employee aswell as updated quicktime. Also removed and redownloaded, relocalized. Anything I can think of really.

If you have iTunes you can create AAC versions of the song and then those will be able to play in Spotify.

Does the quality still become as good as before making it AAC?

Suggested posts