Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact / PC

Operating System

Android Oreo / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Suddenly my Album folder is full of Albums. Maybe I added them once but it must be 2 years ago and they were definitely not in there the last half year. It looks like they somehow re-appear again in the Albums folder.

Usually I save some albums, download them and listen to them when I'm traveling / working. So my list usually doesn't have more than 20 Albums saved at a time. But now they are 400 Albums in there...

Workaround would to be delete them again, but as far as I know you only can do this one by one, or is there an other (easier) way?

2nd Option would to reset the account, but as I also have some playlist created, I don't want to loose them.

Is there maybe a reason why suddenly these Albums appear in my list?

Thanks for checking

5 Replies

These albums that suddenly appeared might be due to a crappy new update. It seems like the Albums tab is now displaying the album cover of every track in your Songs tab. 

Hey @hahahatschiii.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds odd though. Perhaps you have two accounts without knowing about it. It's very easy to create an account with us so it can happen that users have a second account unknowingly. Switching accounts could cause a bit of confusion in that case. Here's an article that helps you to find any extra accounts you might have.

If your old albums did re-appear due to an unknown reason, try to remove them from a computer. From there it's quite easy to remove a large portion of tracks so it shouldn't take too long. If you notice that this ever happens again, be sure to let us know so we can further investigate.

Hope it won't of course. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the hint. On the PC version it was the case: I removed all the songs which were appearing there and this cleaned also my Albums folder.

But in the Android version the Albums still appearing. I hope they will be synced soon. I try to add and remove new Albums and there was no problem. But these old ones will not go away...

Hey @hahahatschiii.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the albums don't update, don't hesitate to reach out to us again and we'll help you troubleshoot.

Stay awesome 🙂

Now also on the Android version the Albums have been updated!

So everything works as expected again!

Thanks

Suggested posts