Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums not saving to my account

Solved!

Albums not saving to my account

So most of my Spotify usage has been listening to albums I'm curious about before buying them. Until recently, I was able to save and download an album to my phone, listen to it in the car, and have a few saved playlists that were basically random mixes.

The playlists still seem to work fine, but every time I close Spotify on the desktop or the phone, it forgets the albums I've saved in that session. The especially weird thing is that when I download said ablums, they download and play properly, but of course you have to save an album before you can download it.

But when I save the album and flip the switch that appears to download them, the app realizes they're already downloaded and instantly marks them as such. So really it's just that I have to constantly search these two albums, readd them to my library, and download them again, but it's obviously a bit of a pain. Any idea what's going on here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, do you happen to have a large number of albums saved to Your Music? It sounds like you may have hit the 10,000 item limit. If that's the case, you should be able to fix it by just removing a few albums you don't listen to much and then saving the new ones.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, do you happen to have a large number of albums saved to Your Music? It sounds like you may have hit the 10,000 item limit. If that's the case, you should be able to fix it by just removing a few albums you don't listen to much and then saving the new ones.

dinomightSpotify Star

Yep. That's the problem. Have you heard anything about Spotify looking to remove that limit?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about an update to remove or modify the limit in several months. There was talk at one point about making full album saves count as just one item, that way people would in effect be able to save a lot more, but I don't know whether or not that's still in the works. I hope so 🙂

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts