NEXT STEP

Alexa Spotify Skill & Devices Available

Alexa Spotify Skill & Devices Available

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I had a few connectivity issues with Alexa and I tried to disable and re-enable the skill but I can no longer re-enable due to 'geographical restrictions' although it's available in my country. 

Additionally, the Echo Dot is no longer listed as an available device although it's on the same WiFi. I found a solution on this forum where it said to check if the 'Show local devices only' flag is on, it was off. Enabled and disabled again the flag, but it's still not listed. 

A few other considerations: 

• I also uninstalled and reinstalled both Amazon Alexa and Spotify. 
  • I'm an Android user (Android version 10)
  • Tried to connect to the echo dot from the devices available from Spotify app (desktop & mobile), and web player. 
2 Replies

Hi there @RoxanaEft,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you tell us what happens if you try to connect to your smart speakers from another device like a PC - do you see the Echo dot in the Connect tab?

What we'd recommend is to restart your router or try connecting all devices to another network like a mobile Hotspot.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There are a gazillion people with a similar problem and probably there are multiple causes. In my case I figured out it's a limitation of the design. We have a family account so we can use one account for the Echo, one account for Sonos and one each on our mobiles. That way, me playing music in the car doesn't stop my wife listening on the Echo in the kitchen. But it turns out if you do this, you can't control the Echo from Spotify on your phone because they're on different accounts. Once I put them both back to the same account, the Echo showed up again in the device list. But now I have the old problem again that the Echo can't play at the same time as my phone.

All a bit **bleep** really.

Suggested posts