Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alien device is using my Spotify account

Alien device is using my Spotify account

I have had spotify subscribtion for quite some time and didn't have any problem with it until now. I just moved to college dorm and I'm using the provided ethernet network for internet.

On the second day I streamed some songs and they cut off in randomly and another device "Alexa Wohnzimmer" played a different song (Abba, Lionel Richie, Taylor Swift). I never listen to that kind of music and now I have "followed" all of those interprets. 

I frankly don't know what to do I already used the "Sign Out Everywhere" option and changed my password. And when I signed in the device is right there in my devices option. Weird thing is that I can't see it in my offline devices.

Please I don't want to stop using Spotify premium just because of this...

spotify help.PNG
7 Replies

I would try signing out of all devices again and then go to the apps setting on your device and trying revoking access to Spotify from that device. Hope this helps! 

I don't know exactly what you mean. If I sign out everywhere and then sign in using the app I already see that device besides míne.

I would recommend changing your password. If that doesn't help you could possibly try contacting Spotify's customer service.

I did that, as I stated, with no luck. I’ll contact customer support then.

Alexa Wohnzimmer basically is Alexa, you know the Amazon speaker, of someone in the dorm room besides you. Being connected to the same internet, probably the alexa device is connected on with your phone too. Check bluetooth and if its there forget the device. 

Hope it helps. Could you like it and add it as solution if this works. Many thanks, Leo

Dear customer support,

The device is in my devices menu all the time....even now when I’m in a
different country. At first it might’ve connected because I was on the same
network but now it’s parasitizing on my Spotify nonstop. (I don’t even use
bluetooth so it’s not there) I hope we can do something about this issue.

Best regards,
Franklin

Since the problem is still persisting contact spotifys costumer support (not me btw, but I appreciate you calling me like this;-)) at support@spotify.com or at support.spotify.com 

I guess they will help you there. Good luck,

Leo

If I helped, please like this and accept this as solution. Thanks!!

Suggested posts