Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Browse] show musics for selected language only

[All Platforms][Browse] show musics for selected language only

hi,

spotify give option "Languages for Music" to select language in which musics show as i have attached image, but it did nothing.

Even after select only one language (E.g. Hindi), I am seeing other language music also. Show musics for selected language only (Like Gaana Application in India). For example, if I select Hindi as language for music, I can only see hindi musics on home, search and not musics in other language.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2019-11-23 at 8.44.12 AM.jpg
5 Replies

Hey, @user-removed 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Is this issue happening on all of your devices? And also, it would be helpful if you tell me what is the current version of your Spotify app on your mobile device and the operating system. 

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey hezorg,
I am using iPhone XS Max with iOS 13.2.3. Spotify version is 8.5.33.705.

Hey, @user-removed 

Have you checked on other devices to confirm if the issue occurs just on your phone?

I need this info to have the entire picture of your issue and define how we can proceed with this case. 

Kind Regards,

hezorg 

LuanSpotify Star

hey @hezorg,
Sorry but I have not any other device to check.

Hey again, @user-removed 

Pardon me for my late reply. Actually, considering this feature is "new" and is only available for a small group of users, we hadn't got too much information about it.

So, I've received some information about it that says the aim of this feature is to make Genres and Artists populate more abundantly with music/artists from the selected language, but it will not completely exclude other languages. The feature also heavily depends on available content on the platform. So, if there's not that much music available in one language, it will not change much, per example. 

If you have any suggestions for Spotify platform, or if you have a great idea that you think would be awesome to have it on Spotify, submit brand a new suggestion here on Community!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts