Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Explicit Filter

[All Platforms] Explicit Filter

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

There are some songs that I want to listen to, but because they have the explicit tag on them, whenever I try to play them, I just see the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have a file on your computer, you can import it" banner. How do I turn this off, so I can play those songs?

2 Replies

Since there are different reasons they cause, the solutions are also different. The first step is to do a complete reinstallation of the application: Unsubscribe from Spotify and close the program. Uninstall Clear the cache The folder is usually located at C: \ Users \% Username% \ AppData \ Local \ Spotify \ Storage Delete everything in the folder. Delete the folder C: \ Users \% Username% \ AppData \ Local \ Spotify \ Users \ <random-user numbers> \ There is a folder for each user who has used the application. Reinstall If you realize and keep presenting, it is best to fill out this form and someone from Spotify with pleasure to what happens in a maximum of 24 hours. You should be aware of the Spam folder, since many times the answers arrive there. If you receive the automatic response, respond directly to support@spotify.com and a customer service agent will contact you.

Hey @RyanWahlberg.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It sounds like you have the expicit filter switched on. Here's how you can switch it off:

1. Tap Home Got Premium? Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Tap Explicit Content.
  4. Switch Allow Explicit Content on (green).

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts