Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Account has been hacked and can't resolve

Solved!

[All Platforms][Other] Account has been hacked and can't resolve

A few weeks ago, I got an email saying my account was accessed from Canada (I live in the US so this was suspicious). I also noticed that songs would randomly play on my desktop and mobile - sometimes in the middle of the night my speakers would just start blaring music.

I immediately changed my password and signed out everywhere. I went to Facebook and changed my password and logged out everywhere there as well. I followed every suggestion from Spotify on what to do if your account is hacked, but the random songs STILL play almost every night.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do next. Spotify has absolutely zero support or any way to contact someone to help. My next step will have to be to cancel my account which would be devastating given I've been a member for almost 10 years and have tons of playlists, saved songs, etc.

Is there anything else I can do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @jdg257

thanks for reaching out !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account, I'll do my best to help out here.

First of all, please make sure to pick the right channel of support via this "About Us" page.

This page will lead you to support for them to take a closer look at your account.

Furthermore, if you feel like you do not want to wait, you can always create a new account and use the steps provided here to transfer all your data safely.

I'm always around to help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @jdg257

thanks for reaching out !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account, I'll do my best to help out here.

First of all, please make sure to pick the right channel of support via this "About Us" page.

This page will lead you to support for them to take a closer look at your account.

Furthermore, if you feel like you do not want to wait, you can always create a new account and use the steps provided here to transfer all your data safely.

I'm always around to help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts