Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Device transition ads

Solved!

[All Platforms][Other] Device transition ads

I'm wrapping up some work on my PC and decide to listen to one more song, a song that's pretty important to me. A song I never pause once it starts.

So it's good that when I finish and it's still playing I can use Spotify's device switching feature to seamlessly continue the song on the headphones linked to my phone as I walk away. The beautiful chorus kicks in and I'm ready for it to spill into my phones and bathe my ears. 2020 really sucks but it's times like these that I'm glad to live in this wonderful information age, right?

Wrong. As I hit the button to swap active devices to my phone Spotify pauses the tunes and asks me if I want to watch an ad to get 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening. I politely refuse. Spotify proceeds to show me not one, but FIVE consecutive ads. I have never wanted to delete an app more.

I presume this device switching feature took the dev team a lot of blood sweat and tears to develop, so it's insane that you would kneecap it to earn a few ad pennies. Delay the onsent of money grubbing until AFTER the transitioning song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @0ce_t5-vwltdn , 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear this has happened to you and we appreciate you taking the time to report this to us.

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the right team here. We're always trying to improve our service and our user's feedback is crucial for the process.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @0ce_t5-vwltdn , 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear this has happened to you and we appreciate you taking the time to report this to us.

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the right team here. We're always trying to improve our service and our user's feedback is crucial for the process.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts