Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Subscription] Spotify should communicate in the language of the subscriber

[All Platforms][Subscription] Spotify should communicate in the language of the subscriber

Here is an idea.  Why not have Spotify communicate in the language of the subscriber!!!!

Here is a recent issue (and NO support method for getting fixed - thanks for looking after your customers SPOTIFY!!!!)

My account is in English.

Spotify sends me an offer to subscribe to the Family Plan (in English)

I subscribe (on an english web site)

Then....

Spotify starts communicating with me in Chinese!!!!!!!

Yep - all emails auto generated by my new family subscription are in Chinese!!!!!!

Great - cant read them.

Didnt know that I had to change the language I read and speak to do the Family plan.

Oh - check the T&C's - nope - nothing about me having to read Chinese.

So here is a very original idea.

DONT be lazy spotify.  Communicate with your customers in their chosen language - its not hard - it just you being Lazy

Oh - and I live in a country where ENGLISH IS an official language - so can't even claim that they are using the language of the country I reside in.

So SPOTIFY - dont be Lazy - make it easy for your customers.  Communicate with them in the Language that their account is in.  Its not that hard!!!!

1 Reply

Hey nurowolf!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community, we're all here to help each other.

That doesn't sound right. Could you fire over a screenshot of one of the emails you've received about your subscription as an example? We'd like to take a closer look.

It sounds like a suspicious email, so it's worth checking this article for more information.

We'll be here round the clock, look forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Suggested posts