Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Tool for choose what you DON'T WANT to listen

[All Platforms][Your Library] Tool for choose what you DON'T WANT to listen

My account usually starts to play musics of a style that I hate, while I am listening my playlists or podcasts. Because of this problem the app suggests songs that I would never willingly listen to. It would be very useful to have a tool for choose what I don't like or what I don't want to listen.

Comment: I already contacted spotify support twice, trying to solve this problem, my account was restarted but it actually happens again after some days. I didn't find any other way to solve the problem!

3 Replies

Hi @Dyana35,

thanks for reaching out here !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

In order to understand the issue a bit better, would you care providing me with the following:

- Your subscription type

- The devices you're using

- Does this happen across all devices ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo!

I have a premium familiar plan (in my name), but this problem only happens in my account. I use spotify in my Moto G5+ and in a laptop with Ubuntu Linux OS, and the problem happens in both devices.

Thanks for your interest!

Hi there @Dyana35,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd first recommend heading here and making sure that any third party apps you don't recognize are removed. You can find the steps on doing that in this support site article.

You also mention already reaching out to support to secure your account. If the issue persists, we'd recommend getting back in touch with them one more time so that they can take another look backstage for you.

You can also start afresh from a new account to see more relevant suggestions - there's steps on how to do that and have your music over to it in this Spotify Answer.

On another note, if a tool to help you choose songs you'd like not to listen to is something you'd like to see, we'd suggest heading over to our Ideas Exchange to share it.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts