Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All music gone after reconnected to Facebook

Solved!

All music gone after reconnected to Facebook

Earlier, I was taking a look at the preferences and chose to disconnect from Facebook, as I never use Facebook. After doing so, there was no saved music, no saved playlists, and no friends feed. I figured this was tied to my Facebook account, so I reconnected the account to Facebook and there's still no music to be found. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @patjohbra. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Losing your playlists, songs, and history is deifnitely not something we want to see happen! It sounds like there's a possibility you may have accidentally created a second account in the process of disconnecting your Facebook account.

Let's start with some basic troubleshooting steps to pinpoint the issue:

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium.
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app.
  • Check the receipt we sent to your email inbox when you initially signed up for Premium. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt.
  • If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above, please click here to start the account flow process. It'll take you through a survey to point you in the right direction.

Let us know whether you get back into the right account, and see your playlists again, or if you indeed only have the one account and things truly are missing. Then I'll rope in another Rock Star member more knowledgeable on the subject at hand.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @patjohbra. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Losing your playlists, songs, and history is deifnitely not something we want to see happen! It sounds like there's a possibility you may have accidentally created a second account in the process of disconnecting your Facebook account.

Let's start with some basic troubleshooting steps to pinpoint the issue:

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium.
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app.
  • Check the receipt we sent to your email inbox when you initially signed up for Premium. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt.
  • If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above, please click here to start the account flow process. It'll take you through a survey to point you in the right direction.

Let us know whether you get back into the right account, and see your playlists again, or if you indeed only have the one account and things truly are missing. Then I'll rope in another Rock Star member more knowledgeable on the subject at hand.

You were absolutely correct, I accidentally created a second account because I was using an incorrect username, as I normally just sign in through facebook. Thank you so much, I was really starting to freak out

Hey @patjohbra, no worries!

Sometimes it's good to make mistakes and get messy - it helps us learn for next time. I'm just happy you're happy that you figured out your second account problem, and are back up and running with your original Spotify account!

Keep on rockin' your Spotify music, and mark my post as the Accepted Solution if it helped you out!

Suggested posts