Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All music is gone

All music is gone

Hi everyone,

Last night something strange happend. I was listening to my music and midway through a song another song starts playing and as i'm skipping songs I didn't recognize any of them.

I decided to take a look at my libary and all my playlists where gone and my music was gone. All I was left with was 303 songs that I've never listened to or downloaded.

Was somebody else on my account or is this a bug in spotify? And even more important, is there any way to recover my music?

Kind regards,

Bas

5 Replies

Hi @Bas18!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jose_M,

Thanks for your reply. Since my account is linked to Facebook I figured I should take a look there. My account was logged in on some apple devices in my country (I don't own a mac). I changed my password and enabled 2-step verification so regarding security all is good :).

There is still one really frustrating problem... All my music is deleted (about 16GB) and my libary is full of songs I've never heard of.

Is there any way I can get my music back (please tell me there is :D).

Kind regards,

Bas

Hey @Bas18!

I'm glad you could figure out what was going on here. In this case, I'd recommend you delete all the songs and playlists that aren't your. Then, you should be able to recover your deleted playlists from here.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi Jose_M,

I already recovered my playlists but those don't contain all my music. I'm talking about my saved songs (or ''favorite songs''). Is there anyway to get those back?

Kind regards,

Bas

Hello again @Bas18!

If you follow all the steps here, you can learn how to get in touch with Spotify. They'll be able to take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts